How to clean mesh office chair seat
If your office chair has a mesh seat, cleaning it will require extra caution. Mesh is a delicate material, and if you're not careful, the seat could be damaged. This post will show you how to safely and effectively clean your mesh office chair seat. Follow these simple steps, and your chair will look new in no time!
What you need:
- Vacuum with attachments
- Soft bristle brush
- Mild soap
- White vinegar
- Damp cloth
Steps to Clean your mesh chair
Step 1: Vacuum the seat
Use your vacuum's upholstery attachment to remove dirt, dust, and debris from the mesh seat. Be sure to go over the entire surface of the seat, including any crevices or cracks.
Step 2: Brush the seat
Once you've vacuumed the seat, use a soft bristle brush to remove any remaining dirt. Gently brush the mesh in a circular motion, careful not to damage the material.
Step 3: Wash the seat
Mix a small amount of mild soap with water, and use a damp cloth to wipe down the seat. Rinse the seat thoroughly with clean water to remove any soap residue.
Step 4: Disinfect the seat
Mix equal parts of water and white vinegar, and use a damp cloth to wipe down the seat. The vinegar will help to disinfect the seat and remove any lingering odours.
Step 5: Dry the seat
Use a clean, dry cloth to pat the seat dry. Allow the seat to air dry completely before using it again.
How to clean other chairs?
- Leather Chair
- With fabric seat
- Chair wheels
- Cushion chair
- Chair with foam seat
- Upholstered office chairs
Extra tips and advice on cleaning
- If your mesh office chair has armrests, clean them. Vacuum the armrests with the upholstery attachment and wipe them down with a damp cloth.
- You can remove stubborn stains from your mesh seat by scrubbing them with a soft toothbrush dipped in a mild soap and water solution.
- If your mesh seat looks dull, you can revitalise it by spraying it with a fabric protector. This will help to keep the seat clean and stain-free.
- If your mesh seat is beginning to show signs of wear and tear, you can replace the mesh fabric. You can purchase mesh fabric at most craft or fabric stores. Remove the old mesh and staple or sew the new mesh into place.
- You'll need to clean your mesh chair seat regularly to keep it looking clean and at its best. How often you'll need to clean it will depend on how often the chair is used. But, as a general rule of thumb, you should aim to clean it at least once a week or at least once a month.